Frequently Asked Questions

At First Western Bank & Trust we strive to always provide you with the service you have come to know and trust.  Below are answers to frequently asked questions for your convenience.  Please contact us for any further inquires.

What is the Telephone-Banking number? 

Our Voice Access number is 701-839-BANK (701.839.2265). This number provides 24-hour access to your account.

What is the bank routing number? 

This information can be found on the MICR line on the bottom of your personal or business check.  For personal accounts the routing number is the first set of nine-digit numbers on the bottom left hand corner. On Business accounts it is the second set of nine-digit numbers on the bottom left hand corner.

What size Safe Deposit Boxes do you have and what do they cost?

Currently available boxes:
Contact us for availability

At what times of the day can I access my Safe Deposit Box?

You will have access to your Safe Deposit Box during our lobby hours which are from:

Can my child under 18 years get a debit or credit card?

Yes, if a parent or guardian is on the account and also signs for the card.

Where do I mail my loan payments?

Loan payments can be mailed by all customers to the Main Bank:

First Western Bank & Trust
PO Box 1090
Minot, ND 58702-1090

Eden Prairie customers may continue to mail their loan payment to the Eden Prairie Branch:

First Western Bank & Trust
100 Prairie Center Drive
Eden Prairie, MN 55344

What do I need in order to open an account?

You will need a valid photo ID and social security number.  A minimum deposit may be required depending on the type of account opened. See our Checking and Savings accounts.

Do you have a coin counting machine?

Yes, and there is no charge for customers.  There is a 2% fee for non-customers.

How do I Stop Payment on a check?

Call Us

  • Call us at 701-852-3711 to request a Stop Payment
  • There is a fee.
  • You will need the check number, amount of check, date written and payee name.
Or you can Stop Payment online using Netteller.
  1. Select Stop Payments from the drop-down menu next to an account.
  2. Fill in the required fields and click Submit.
screenshot: stop payment

Editing or Removing a Stop Payment
  • You must contact the bookkeeping department at 701-857-7230 to edit or remove a Stop Payment. 
  • Please be sure to check the current transaction page to make sure the check has not already been paid
  • There will be a Stop Payment Fee.
  • You must print, sign and forward the confirmation page to our bookkeeping department within 14 days to verify this Stop Payment.  If we do not receive the confirmation page by the 14th day, the Stop Payment will expire.

Where are your ATM Locations?

See our for locations of our no-fee ATM's.

What if I lose my Certificate of Deposit?

If you are unable to locate the CD we require identification to cash the CD plus a $10 indemnity bond fee.

Do you charge a penalty for cashing in a Certificate of Deposit before the maturity date?

If we consent to a request for a withdrawal that is otherwise not permitted you may have to pay a penalty.

First Western Bank & Trust